Monday, August 14, 2017

You Remind Me of Something (A Love Story)- 2


From previous:
“Crying relieves my heart!” Sabrina replied in a tone that caused anyone near her to turn to her. She dried her tears with a palm and then concentrates in breast feeding her baby as if nothing has happened.”
Continued…
“Your face seems familiar to me. Do you know me?” a passenger, next to Sabrina asked her with his eyes on a baby. He was a short, black man in his forties, with black moustache.
“You used to hang with your friends in a ghetto near my house, Tandale kwa Tumbo. Is that not you?”
Sabrina was caught in a surprise, it was true that she used to hang with her fellow bar maids in Tandale, but it was only for short moment before she decided to move on with different life approach.
Memories of serving drunkard and stubborn local people of Tandale, in a local bar where he was employed as a cheap labor flashed her mind, it reminds her something she never wished to remember.
“I don’t know what you are talking about, old man,” Sabrina replied aggressively, she didn’t that man to continue with that topic, other passengers who was concentrating on the dialogue, remain silent, everyone thinking of Sabrina in his/her own way.
Something was not right in the life of that young girl, and her face could tell more than a sad story!
“Kwa Tumbo wa kushukaaa!”daladala conducted shouted while the vehicle was in a speed race, trying to overtake another daladala, going the same route.
“Shushaaa,” Sabrina replied while trying to stand up with her baby in a chest. She also picked up her luggage of vegetables and penetrated in her way to the passenger’s door. The vehicle stopped, with a help from a bus conductor, Sabrina came out.
“She was just a harlot, selling her body out there and now karma is hunting her,” that man who sat next to Sabrina, started a story in a high voice which was well heard by Sabrina.
There was two sides, the first group supporting what that man and the next group, led by that woman who let Sabrina and her its baby sit in her own sit, critically arguing to a story teller. A bus continued with her journey, passengers arguing each other in a loud voice.
“Ooh my God, I never sold my body, I was just a bar tender but never a harlot, why judging me?” Sabrina cried out loudly, everyone in a bus stand was shocked but her cries.
“What wrong with you little girl!” a hairy man dressed in a khaki trousers and a white shirt, asked Sabrina with sympathy.
“The other old guy has insulted me,” Sabrina replied, tears in all over her face.
“Very sorry! Your baby is crying, can you breast feed her, let me carry a luggage for you!”
“Ooh! Thank you so much, just leave it I will carry on my own,” Sabrina replied while drying her tears. She sat on top of the luggage and start to breast feed her baby. She cared less about the crowd in the bus stand.
Her eyes was red, she used to cry now and then, life seems to her as unbearable burden, the only thing which made her happy, was her baby.
“You must grow up and I hope one day you will dry my tears, the world has become so cruel to me but I believe this too will end,” Sabrina whispered while breastfeeding her baby.
“Can we know each other please! For good sake,” it was a voice of that man in khaki trousers and white shirt.
“I’m Sabrina!”
“Nice to know you! I’m Godfrey Pazi, I live in a nearby street.”
“Nice to know you, what do you do to earn your living?”
“Selling vegetables!”
“Ooh, that’s good. Where do you live?”
“Ah! Ooh, it doesn’t matter, thank you,” Sabrina replied while standing up, she tight her baby well in her back and tried to pull her luggage but before she made it, that man did it for her.
“Please let me help you,” he said while putting a luggage on his shoulder, Sabrina looked him into his eyes, he did the same and for few seconds, they were looking each other tentatively.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE DARKEST HOURS (SAA ZA GIZA TOTORO)- 1

Mtunzi: Hashim Aziz (Hashpower) 0719401968 “Ngo! Ngo! Ngo! Fungua!” “Nanii?” “Fungua!” “Jitambulishe kwanza, wewe nani?” “Nimese...