Monday, August 6, 2012

A SAD LETTER FROM BOW WOW FATHER'S TO HIS SON

HASH POWER 7113
 
To my beloved son,  Bow Wow
I guess the only way you want to communicate with me is
through the media. I recently read your article in Vibe and I felt like I
needed to contact you.
First off, I want you to know how happy and proud I am of
you and your success. I was also blessed that your mother and step-father did
an excellent job of raising you to the man you are today. I can also say that I
am proud that you have done your best to be a father to your daughter. I don’t
want you to have the regrets that I have had for not being in your life more
than I have been. Your Grandfather, my Dad, left me at an early age as well, it is time to stop this cycle.
I actually thought that we were making positive steps to
rebuild our relationship when we spoke last year during labor day weekend. I thought that call was going to be like it use to be when you and one of your girlfriends were together and you asked me how to cook tacos. We had a good boding moment. So, when you called me last year, I
thought we were having a private conversation only to see the video on Vibe.com
of you asking me “are you clean,” like I’m some kind of junkie or something. I
am NOT a junkie, but I am an alcoholic. I have been struggling with this disease my
entire adult life and I am sad to say that it has really messed our
relationship up. But the picture you paint of me in the media is not right.
I am hurt that you would call your sisters out of their
name. Did you realize that they were acting off of the video you put out first?
You said you were upset for them lying and spreading family business. Do you
realize that you put family business out there FIRST when you put our conversation on
video for the world to see? If your sisters were lying, then they were not
putting family business out there. If they were actually putting family
business out there in the streets, then they were not lying, so which one is
it? Were your sisters lying or putting family business in the streets?
I am concerned and worried about you. I am not sure if you
know this or not, but Alcoholism runs on both sides of your family. Both of
your grandfathers and me have struggled with the disease. Please be careful and
be mindful so that you will not succumb to this disease that is in your genes. I have went to several alcoholic programs and tried to get this thing under control, but nothing has seemed to work for me. This is something that I am struggling with day to day.
I will be honest and tell you that I was offered to do a
reality show, Celebrity Dad’s with Regrets. I wanted to do the show in order to
rebuild our relationship. When we spoke on the phone last labor day weekend, I
had a video camera on me as well. I did NOT have you on speaker phone, because
I still wanted some sort of privacy with our conversation. Once we got off the
phone and I had time to think, I realized that the thought of our relationship
being rebuilt was far greater than any dollar amount for a TV show. I did sign
the contract to do the show, but I backed out of the deal when I saw hopes of
us reuniting and I didn’t want a reality show or money to get in the way of our
father and son relationship. I am posting the video of my side of the conversation, so the world can see the TRUTH. That we had a good conversation and it was a happy moment for both of us and not the dark picture you painted. Lots of laughs and joking. Not you yelling at me “ARE YOU CLEAN?”
I have also had people approach me to give interviews,
talking about my past and your mother’s past, but I declined, even when offered
money. I am not that type of person. Everyone has a past and I am not that type
of man to tell someone else’s dirt for a dollar. 
I had seen in an interview where you said that I sent you a
letter and misspelled your name. Did you know that I named you and how I came
up with your name? You know I am a big sports fan. I really liked the name
Ahmad Rashad, well really just Rashad. But you know me, I have to put my own
spin on it and took the “Ra” off and just left “Shad” for your name. Not only
did I name you, I was there when you were born and signed your birth
certificate. I hate that you make it seem as if I was never around at all.
You also need to know that there were times were things were
not so smooth while your mother and I were living together. Even when dealing
with my alcoholism I made sure we had a place to stay. My family loved me and
helped me with all my flaws. We were evicted and had to live with my family members and my family sent us money in order for us to get
back on our feet.
 
Shad, I never asked you for anything, but I am asking for
one thing now. Can you please stop throwing me under the bus and talking bad
about me? I may be an alcoholic, but I never physically abused you. Keyshia Cole
tried to help her Mother. Tyler Perry takes care of his family financially and
he was sexually abused by some of them. All I am asking is that you stop
dragging my name in the mud.
I wish you all the success,
Love Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE DARKEST HOURS (SAA ZA GIZA TOTORO)- 1

Mtunzi: Hashim Aziz (Hashpower) 0719401968 “Ngo! Ngo! Ngo! Fungua!” “Nanii?” “Fungua!” “Jitambulishe kwanza, wewe nani?” “Nimese...